eumostro Privacy and Data Protection Policy
First version published on May 10, 2021.
The eumostro is committed to the privacy and protection of personal data collected from its users, establishing rules on the collection, registration, storage, use, sharing, enrichment and elimination of data collected from users, within the scope of products and services offered, in accordance with the laws in force, with transparency and clarity with users and the market in general. By using our Services, you are agreeing to these terms. Read them carefully.
As a condition for accessing and using the functionality of the eumostro platform and “website”, the user declares that he has read the entire PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY, being fully aware, thus granting his free and express agreement with the terms here stipulated.
If You do not agree with our Policy you can stop providing your Personal Data, however, in this case, You may be prevented from using some of our services.
What types of information do we collect?
Data is collected when entered or submitted voluntarily by our user when using the features offered, both by our Platform and by the eumostro website, which includes, but is not limited to, accessing, browsing and contracting / using products and services. In addition, eumostro‘s Platform and website will be able to record all activities performed by the user through “logs”.
The information that eumostro may obtain via the user’s consent is described below. .
INFORMATION AND CONTENT YOU PROVIDE
We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Platform, including when you register to create an account, create or share content, send messages, record traceability or communicate with other people. This can include information present or about the content you provide (such as “metadata”), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. This can also include what you see through the features we provide, such as our camera, so that we can perform actions such as reading labels. Our systems automatically process the content and communications that you and others provide in order to analyze the context and content included in these items for the purposes described below.
Data with special protections: it is possible to choose to provide information in the profile fields or by what or by whom you “are interested”. This and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or union affiliations) may be subject to special protections according to the laws of your country.
We collect information about the people, Pages, accounts, hashtags and groups you connect with and how you interact with them on our platform.
We collect information about brands, pages, lots, photos, geolocations, quantities, values, products, certificates, awards, documents, which you provide, connect and how you interact with them on our platform.
We collect information about how you use our Platform, such as the type of content you view or engage with; the resources you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of its activities. We also collect information about how you use camera features.
WHAT OTHERS DO AND INFORMATION THAT THEY PROVIDE ABOUT YOU AND / OR YOUR BRAND
We also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our platform. This can include information about you, brand and lots, such as when others share and / or comment on a publication, lot traceability information, etc.
How do we use this information?
PROVIDE, CUSTOM AND IMPROVE OUR PLATFORM
We use the information we have to personalize resources and content (such as your story “feed”) and make suggestions to you (such as brands and products of potential interest). For this, we use information such as:
- location-related information: We use location-related information, such as your current location, as well as the companies and people you are close to, in order to provide, personalize and improve our platform, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things, such as the precise location of the device (if you have given us permission to collect this data) and IP addresses;
- product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our platform, including conducting surveys and surveys, and testing and solving problems related to new products and features.
PROVIDE MEASUREMENT, ANALYSIS AND OTHER BUSINESS SERVICES
We use the information we have to help brands measure the effectiveness and distribution of their products and stories, and also to understand the types of people who use these services and how they interact with their content.
PROMOTING SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
We use the information we have to verify accounts and activities, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent “spam” and other negative experiences, maintain the integrity of our platform and promote security. For example, we use the data we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
PROMOTING SAFETY AND TRACEABILITY
We use the information we have to verify accounts and activities of the material and social traceability information entered in order to give veracity and security to the process.
COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
We use the information we have to send you “marketing” communications, to communicate with you about our platform and to inform you of our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond when you contact us.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
SHARING ON THE PLATFORM
- People and accounts with whom you share and communicate: When you share, provide traceability information and communicate using our platform, you choose the public for what you share. For example, when you publish a story, select causes, SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) or people connected to the publication, interest groups will receive this information. When you do traceability and provide a way for people to access that information, people with an interest in the origin or stories behind the label will have access.
- Public information can be viewed by anyone, on and off our platform, even if that person does not have an account. This includes information about your brand, your products, causes you defend, people connected, among other information available for registration on our platform.
- Content that other people share or about your brand: You should consider what you choose to share, because people who can view your activities on our platform may decide to share it with third parties inside and outside it, including with people and companies outside the public with which you shared. In addition, when you comment on the post or react to someone’s content, your comment or reaction is visible to anyone who can see the content of that brand, and it can change the audience later.
People can also use our platform to create and share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people can share a photo of you in a story, mention or tag you at a location in a publication, or share information about you in their posts or messages. If you feel uncomfortable with what other people have shared about you on our platform, you can report the content.
How do I control or delete information about me?
We give you the ability to access, rectify, port and delete your data.
We store data until it is no longer needed to provide our services, or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first.
This is a determination that varies from case to case and depends on factors such as the nature of the data, the reason it is collected and processed, and relevant operational or legal retention needs. For example, when you participate in a supply chain event, this data is permanent and relates to that traceability and, many times, it cannot be deleted.
When you delete your account, we delete content that you have posted, such as photos, and we will not be able to recover that information.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent damage?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, authorities or others:
- In response to a legal request (such as a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside Brazil when we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in the jurisdiction in question, affects users in the jurisdiction in question and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- When we have a good faith belief that they are necessary to: detect, prevent and resolve issues of fraud, unauthorized use of the platform, violations of our terms or policies or other illegal or harmful activity; to protect us (and protect our rights, property or platform), you or others, including as part of regulatory investigations or investigations, or to prevent imminent death or bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide and receive information from external partners about the reliability of your account, in order to prevent fraud, abuse or other harmful activity on and off our platform.
We also retain account information that has been disabled for violating our terms for at least one year to prevent repeated abuse or other violations of the terms.
How will we notify you of changes to this Policy?
We will notify you before making changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before deciding to continue using our platform.
In accordance with the General Law for the Protection of Personal Data in Brazil (“LGPD”), you have the right to access, rectify, request the portability of your data and delete your data, in addition to authorizing the processing of such data by us. In certain circumstances, you also have the right to challenge and restrict the processing of your personal data or to revoke your consent when we process data provided by you based on that consent.
The data controller responsible for your information is Lotsapp Serviços e Sistemas Ltda. Contact your eumostro Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to petition for your data with the National Data Protection Authority (“ANPD”). To do this, contact the ANPD directly.
How to contact eumostro in case of questions?
Questions or requests regarding Privacy and Data Protection can be addressed to the current Data Protection Officer (“Data Protection Officer”) of eumostro by Email: email@example.com or by the address below:
Av. Luiz Boiteux Piazza, 1302 – ACATE Sapiens Parque
88.056-000 – Cachoeira do Bom Jesus
Florianópolis, SC, Brazil.